Swiss Turkey Tenderloin Strips Recipe
- 1 package (20 ounces) turkey breast tenderloins, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 package (10 ounces) fresh spinach, trimmed
- 1/4 cup water
- 1. Season turkey with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, saute turkey in oil for 6-8 minutes or until no longer pink. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- 2. In the drippings, saute garlic until tender. Stir in the flour, broth and wine until blended. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat to low. Slowly add cheese; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until cheese is melted and sauce is blended.
- 3. Add turkey; heat through. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, cook spinach in water for 3-5 minutes or until wilted; drain. Serve turkey mixture with spinach. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup equals 598 calories, 35 g fat (16 g saturated fat), 144 mg cholesterol, 872 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 59 g protein.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.