Swiss Tuna Melts Recipe
“We like Swiss Tuna Melts served with homemade vegetable soup,” writes field editor Karen Owen of Rising Sun, Indiana. “You’ll love the crunch that celery gives to the creamy tuna filling.”
- 1 can (6 ounces) light water-packed tuna, drained and flaked
- 3/4 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- Pepper to taste
- 8 slices bread
- 2 to 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the tuna, cheese, onion and celery. In a small bowl, combine sour cream and mayonnaise. Pour over tuna mixture and toss to coat. Spread about 1/2 cup over four slices of bread; top with remaining bread. Butter the outsides of sandwiches.
- 2. On a griddle or in a large skillet over medium heat, toast sandwiches for 4-5 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Swiss Tuna Melts
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC