Swiss Tuna Melts Recipe
- 1 can (6 ounces) light water-packed tuna, drained and flaked
- 3/4 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- Pepper to taste
- 8 slices bread
- 2 to 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- In a large bowl, combine the tuna, cheese, onion and celery. In a small bowl, combine sour cream and mayonnaise. Pour over tuna mixture and toss to coat. Spread about 1/2 cup over four slices of bread; top with remaining bread. Butter the outsides of sandwiches.
- On a griddle or in a large skillet over medium heat, toast sandwiches for 4-5 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Swiss Tuna Melts(7)
Sort By :
Delicious! We absolutely loved these served on sourdough bread.
These melts have great consistency when only half of the sour cream and mayo are used.
They seem to be very crunchy.
I added a second can of tuna and it was still to running. Next time I will half the mayo and sour cream.
very good. but, way too much sour cream and mayo for 1can of tuna. also, added garlic power and dill relish.