- 1 can (6 ounces) light water-packed tuna, drained and flaked
- 3/4 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- Pepper to taste
- 8 slices bread
- 2 to 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- In a large bowl, combine the tuna, cheese, onion and celery. In a small bowl, combine sour cream and mayonnaise. Pour over tuna mixture and toss to coat. Spread about 1/2 cup over four slices of bread; top with remaining bread. Butter the outsides of sandwiches.
- On a griddle or in a large skillet over medium heat, toast sandwiches for 4-5 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Swiss Tuna Melts
Sort By :
"Delicious! We absolutely loved these served on sourdough bread."
"These melts have great consistency when only half of the sour cream and mayo are used."
"They seem to be very crunchy."
"I added a second can of tuna and it was still to running. Next time I will half the mayo and sour cream."
"very good. but, way too much sour cream and mayo for 1can of tuna. also, added garlic power and dill relish."