“We like Swiss Tuna Melts served with homemade vegetable soup,” writes field editor Karen Owen of Rising Sun, Indiana. “You’ll love the crunch that celery gives to the creamy tuna filling.”
- 1 can (6 ounces) light water-packed tuna, drained and flaked
- 3/4 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- Pepper to taste
- 8 slices bread
- 2 to 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- In a large bowl, combine the tuna, cheese, onion and celery. In a small bowl, combine sour cream and mayonnaise. Pour over tuna mixture and toss to coat. Spread about 1/2 cup over four slices of bread; top with remaining bread. Butter the outsides of sandwiches.
- On a griddle or in a large skillet over medium heat, toast sandwiches for 4-5 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Swiss Tuna Melts in Taste of Home April/May 2006, p61
Reviews for Swiss Tuna Melts
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review