Swiss Tuna Bake
"My husband enjoys cooking just as much as I do," reports Joanne Callahan of Far Hills, New Jersey. "One night he tossed together this comforting casserole from meager ingredients we had in our cupboard. It turned out to be the best-tasting tuna casserole I have ever had! Swiss cheese flavors the noodles nicely."
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 cups cooked egg noodles
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 can (6 ounces) tuna, drained and flaked
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs, divided
- In a large bowl, combine the noodles, cheese, mayonnaise and tuna.
- Sprinkle 1/2 cup bread crumbs into a greased 9-in. square baking
- dish. Spread noodle mixture over crumbs. Sprinkle with the remaining
- crumbs. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until
- heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 856 calories, 59 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 106 mg cholesterol, 987 mg sodium, 48 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 32 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.