"My husband enjoys cooking just as much as I do," reports Joanne Callahan of Far Hills, New Jersey. "One night he tossed together this comforting casserole from meager ingredients we had in our cupboard. It turned out to be the best-tasting tuna casserole I have ever had! Swiss cheese flavors the noodles nicely."
- 4 cups cooked egg noodles
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 can (6 ounces) tuna, drained and flaked
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs, divided
- In a large bowl, combine the noodles, cheese, mayonnaise and tuna. Sprinkle 1/2 cup bread crumbs into a greased 9-in. square baking dish. Spread noodle mixture over crumbs. Sprinkle with the remaining crumbs. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Swiss Tuna Bake in Quick Cooking September/October 1998, p9
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Swiss Tuna Bake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review