Swiss Treat Bars
Preferred at our house come Christmas, these scrumptious squares get gobbled up quickly! With the mix of chocolate, nuts, cherries and coconut, there's plenty of flavor in each tempting bite. Fern Vacca, Ventura, California
60 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/4 cup sugar
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup finely chopped nuts
- 1/2 cup maraschino cherries, drained and chopped
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat
- in egg and vanilla. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; gradually
- add to creamed mixture. Fold in the chocolate chips, nuts, cherries
- and coconut (mixture will be thick).
- Press into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at
- 375° for 18-22 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire
- rack before cutting. Yield: 5 dozen.