Preferred at our house come Christmas, these scrumptious squares get gobbled up quickly! With the mix of chocolate, nuts, cherries and coconut, there's plenty of flavor in each tempting bite. —Fern Vacca, Ventura, California
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup finely chopped nuts
- 1/2 cup maraschino cherries, drained and chopped
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Fold in the chocolate chips, nuts, cherries and coconut (mixture will be thick).
- Press into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 375° for 18-22 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack before cutting. Yield: 5 dozen.
Originally published as Swiss Treat Bars in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2002, p90
Reviews for Swiss Treat Bars
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review