- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup finely chopped nuts
- 1/2 cup maraschino cherries, drained and chopped
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Fold in the chocolate chips, nuts, cherries and coconut (mixture will be thick).
- Press into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 375° for 18-22 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack before cutting. Yield: 5 dozen.
Originally published as Swiss Treat Bars in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2002, p90
Reviews for Swiss Treat Bars
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review