Swiss Tossed Salad
This simple green salad requires just a few ingredients, yet its blend of flavors and combination of textures make it seem special. You can toss all the ingredients with the basic dressing or dollop it over individual servings.
High Ridge, Missouri
8-10 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 12 bacon strips, diced
- 1 bunch red leaf lettuce, torn (about 10 cups)
- 1 small red onion, julienned
- 1 block (8 ounces) Swiss cheese, cubed
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- In a skillet over medium heat, cook bacon until crisp. Remove to
- paper towels to drain. In a large bowl, combine lettuce, onion,
- cheese, olives and bacon. In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise and
- sour cream. Serve with the salad. Yield: 8-10 servings.