- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and cream until smooth. Stir in
- egg yolks. Stir in a small amount of hot soup into cream mixture;
- return all to the pan, stirring constantly. Simmer, uncovered, for
- 15 minutes. Discard the whole onion.
- Ladle soup into individual ramekins. Top with cheese strips. Broil
- 4-6 in. from the heat for 3-5 minutes or until cheese is bubbly.
- Serve immediately. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 258 calories, 16 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 105 mg cholesterol, 623 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 13 g protein.