Swiss Swirl Ice Cream Cake Recipe
- 10 to 12 Swiss cake rolls
- 2 pints vanilla ice cream, softened
- 3/4 cup hot fudge ice cream topping
- 2 pints chocolate ice cream, softened
- 1. Line a 2-qt. bowl with plastic wrap. Cut each cake roll into eight slices; place in prepared bowl, completely covering the bottom and sides. Cover and freeze for at least 20 minutes or until cake is firm.
- 2. Spread vanilla ice cream over cake. Cover and freeze for at least 1 hour. Spread with fudge topping. Freeze for at least 1 hour. Spread with chocolate ice cream. Cover and freeze for up to 2 months. Just before serving, remove from the freezer and invert onto a serving plate. Remove bowl and plastic wrap. Cut into wedges. Yield: 12-14 servings.
1 piece: 309 calories, 14g fat (6g saturated fat), 35mg cholesterol, 130mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (32g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Swiss Swirl Ice Cream Cake
"I've been making these for years and they are always a big hit! When I first tried it, it was called a 'beehive', and used strawberry jelly rolls. quick and easy to put together, yet it looks so impressive. Remember, the more flavors of ice cream you use, the prettier it becomes."
"Question about the recipe it says two months to freeze the cake how long is that actual time period"
"My son and daughter have both requested this for their birthday cake 2 years in a row. (Sometimes I cheat and only use one flavor of ice cream. No one seems to mind.)"
"Great taste and I will make again. Mine did not turn out as pretty as the picture though."
"So easy yet impressive! I was commissioned to make another one a week after making the first, and I'm switching up the ice cream flavors for a little variety. This is a terrific fun dessert!"