Swiss-Stuffed Chops Recipe
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (7 ounces each)
- 1 egg
- 6 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- Dash pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1. In a bowl, combine the cheese, mushrooms and parsley. Cut a pocket in each pork chop by slicing almost to the bone. Stuff chops with cheese mixture; secure with toothpicks.
- 2. In a shallow bowl, beat the egg. In another shallow bowl, combine bread crumbs and pepper. Dip chops in egg, then coat with crumbs.
- 3. In a large skillet, brown chops in oil on both sides. Add water. Cover and simmer for 35-40 minutes or until juices run clear. Remove chops and keep warm; discard toothpicks.
- 4. Combine flour and cold water until smooth; stir into pan juices. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Spoon over pork chops. Yield: 4 servings.
7 ounce-weight: 287 calories, 18g fat (7g saturated fat), 99mg cholesterol, 327mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 19g protein.
Reviews for Swiss-Stuffed Chops
"I made this using frozen chopped spinach, rinsed & squeezed the liquid out instead of using the parsley. It was wonderful. My husband is not much of a pork chop fan, and he loved these! Thanks! Renee"
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer