- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (7 ounces each)
- 1 egg
- 6 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- Dash pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cold water
- In a bowl, combine the cheese, mushrooms and parsley. Cut a pocket in each pork chop by slicing almost to the bone. Stuff chops with cheese mixture; secure with toothpicks.
- In a shallow bowl, beat the egg. In another shallow bowl, combine bread crumbs and pepper. Dip chops in egg, then coat with crumbs.
- In a large skillet, brown chops in oil on both sides. Add water. Cover and simmer for 35-40 minutes or until juices run clear. Remove chops and keep warm; discard toothpicks.
- Combine flour and cold water until smooth; stir into pan juices. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Spoon over pork chops. Yield: 4 servings.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Swiss-Stuffed Chops
"I made this for dinner to rave reviews. The hardest part was cutting the pork chops evenly. Other than that, it was easy to assemble, cook and clean up. I didnt have fresh parsley on hand, so I used dried parsley and added it to the bread crumbs"
"I made this using frozen chopped spinach, rinsed & squeezed the liquid out instead of using the parsley. It was wonderful. My husband is not much of a pork chop fan, and he loved these! Thanks! Renee"