Swiss Steak Supper Recipe
The satisfying slow-cooked dinner comes from Kathleen Romaniuk of Laval, Quebec. TIP: "To save a step, I keep peppered seasoned salt on hand to use instead of the seasoned salt and pepper," Kathleen notes.
- 1-1/2 pounds beef top round steak
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3 medium potatoes
- 1-1/2 cups fresh baby carrots
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian diced tomatoes
- 1 jar (12 ounces) home-style beef gravy
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- Cut steak into six serving-size pieces; flatten to 1/4-in. thickness. Rub with seasoned salt and pepper. In a large skillet, brown beef in oil on both sides; drain.
- Cut each potato into eight wedges. In a 5-qt. slow cooker, layer the potatoes, carrots, beef and onion. Combine tomatoes and gravy; pour over the top.
- Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until meat and vegetables are tender. Sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Swiss Steak Supper in Quick Cooking July/August 2005, p50
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Swiss Steak Supper(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Sep. 8, 2013
My husband & I just had this for dinner. Turned out just fine!!!! Delish....
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Beef Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Potato Recipes >
- Simple Dinner Recipes >
- Slow Cooker Beef Recipes >
- Slow Cooker Recipes >