- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 to 2-1/2 pounds boneless beef top round steak
- 1 to 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1-1/3 cups water
- 1 cup sliced celery, optional
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 to 3 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- In a shallow bowl, combine the flour, pepper and salt. Cut steak into six serving-size pieces; dredge in flour mixture.
- In a large skillet, brown steak in butter. Transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker. Combine the remaining ingredients; pour over steak. Cover and cook on low for 8-9 hours or until meat is tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Swiss Steak Slow Cooker
Sort By :
Turned out great and a huge plus that it was so simple. I would definitely recommend it.
Very good recipe my family loved it. I added a can of mushrooms instead of the celery and it turned out awesome. Will be making this again.
Great recipe. Easy and delicious!
A delicious meal to come home to. I served it with a small portion of egg noodles and green beans.
this recipe was easy and my family loved it! it is definitely a keeper.