- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 to 2-1/2 pounds boneless beef top round steak
- 1 to 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1-1/3 cups water
- 1 cup sliced celery, optional
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 to 3 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- In a shallow bowl, combine the flour, pepper and salt. Cut steak into six serving-size pieces; dredge in flour mixture.
- In a large skillet, brown steak in butter. Transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker. Combine the remaining ingredients; pour over steak. Cover and cook on low for 8-9 hours or until meat is tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Swiss Steak Slow Cooker
Sort By :
"Since I was cooking for 5 big eaters I doubled the recipe, but instead of using celery I used one can of cream of mushroom soup and one can of cream of celery soup. I also added abouth3/4 of a small can of tomato paste, as well as substituting beef broth for the water as suggested. I didn't add any garlic as I don't like it. This turned out to be one of the best crock pot recipes I have ever made."
"My family absolutely loved this. Meat was tender, no knife needed. I did substitute beef broth for water and bouillon. Next time will add a little more broth and maybe some mushrooms."
"The meat was so delicious and fork tender and we loved the flavor of the gravy it made! I love simple things like this that I can throw in the crockpot and forget about all day! Definitely a keeper!"
"This recipe was delicious yet simple to make. We will definitely make this again. I did omit the celery. Also, I always make my own cream sauce rather than using the canned soup. I even used a slightly cheaper cut of steak and it still was so tender that it fell apart with the fork when you were eating. It was so nice to have a delicious dinner waiting after a day at work."
"VeRy Simple And VERY Delicious!"