Swiss Steak for Two Recipe
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 pound boneless beef round steak (1/2 inch thick)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 can (8 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 1 medium green pepper, sliced
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1. In a resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper. Cut steak into two pieces; place in bag and shake to coat.
- 2. In a skillet over medium heat, brown steak in oil. Add tomatoes. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 40 minutes. Add green pepper, onion and remaining salt. Cover and simmer until meat is tender, about 30 minutes. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 379 calories, 12 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 96 mg cholesterol, 1,141 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 42 g protein.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.