Swiss Steak for Two Recipe
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 pound boneless beef round steak (1/2 inch thick)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 can (8 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 1 medium green pepper, sliced
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- In a resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper. Cut steak into two pieces; place in bag and shake to coat.
- In a skillet over medium heat, brown steak in oil. Add tomatoes. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 40 minutes. Add green pepper, onion and remaining salt. Cover and simmer until meat is tender, about 30 minutes. Yield: 2 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Swiss Steak for Two
Sort By :
This is a very tasty and quick dish! I usually have the market run the meat thru the cuber to make the meat less tough.
Just made last night. Absolutely delicious and tender. I did cook longer than stated just to make sure that the round steak was tender, since it is a tough cut of meat. The flavor is great.
WOW!! I make it all the time and serve with a side of rice. Delish!