Swiss Steak Burgers
“If you're hungry for steak, but all you have is ground beef, these hearty burgers will hit the spot.” In just 20 minutes and with only five ingredients, who would believe you could have a restaurant-quality burger? Greg Dalenberg - Peoria, AZ
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 minutes
- 4 tablespoons A.1. steak sauce, divided
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard, divided
- 1 pound ground beef
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- 4 hamburger buns, split and toasted
- In a small bowl, combine 2 tablespoons steak sauce and 1 tablespoon
- mustard. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into four
- Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat
- for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads
- 160° and juices run clear. Top with cheese. Grill 1 minute
- longer or until cheese is melted.
- Spread buns with remaining steak sauce and mustard; top each with a
- burger. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 burger equals 471 calories, 24 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 111 mg cholesterol, 782 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 34 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.