Swiss Steak Burgers Recipe
- 4 tablespoons A.1. steak sauce, divided
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard, divided
- 1 pound ground beef
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- 4 hamburger buns, split and toasted
- 1. In a small bowl, combine 2 tablespoons steak sauce and 1 tablespoon mustard. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into four patties.
- 2. Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear. Top with cheese. Grill 1 minute longer or until cheese is melted.
- 3. Spread buns with remaining steak sauce and mustard; top each with a burger. Yield: 4 servings.
1 burger equals 471 calories, 24 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 111 mg cholesterol, 782 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 34 g protein.
Reviews for Swiss Steak Burgers
"We love these and the tanginess that the A-1 added. I made them for a party and doubled the recipe."
"The next time I won't add as much A1. It overpowered the burger."
"Nice mixture. My husband really liked them."
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.