Swiss Steak Burgers Recipe
- 4 tablespoons A.1. steak sauce, divided
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard, divided
- 1 pound ground beef
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- 4 hamburger buns, split and toasted
- 1. In a small bowl, combine 2 tablespoons steak sauce and 1 tablespoon mustard. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into four patties.
- 2. Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear. Top with cheese. Grill 1 minute longer or until cheese is melted.
- 3. Spread buns with remaining steak sauce and mustard; top each with a burger. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 471 calories, 24g fat (11g saturated fat), 111mg cholesterol, 782mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 34g protein.
Reviews for Swiss Steak Burgers
"We love these and the tanginess that the A-1 added. I made them for a party and doubled the recipe."
"The next time I won't add as much A1. It overpowered the burger."
"Nice mixture. My husband really liked them."
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.