Swiss Steak Burgers Recipe
- 4 tablespoons A.1. steak sauce, divided
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard, divided
- 1 pound ground beef
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- 4 hamburger buns, split and toasted
- In a small bowl, combine 2 tablespoons steak sauce and 1 tablespoon mustard. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into four patties.
- Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear. Top with cheese. Grill 1 minute longer or until cheese is melted.
- Spread buns with remaining steak sauce and mustard; top each with a burger. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Swiss Steak Burgers
Sort By :
We love these and the tanginess that the A-1 added. I made them for a party and doubled the recipe.
The next time I won't add as much A1. It overpowered the burger.
I haven't made this yet, but just reading this recipe (which I spend hours reading recipes online--to find that perfect one to make for dinner) it sounds AMAZING!!! I can't wait to make these! Thanks for such a GREAT recipe!
Nice mixture. My husband really liked them.