Swiss Spinach Casserole Recipe
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons 2% milk
- 4 cups chopped fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup chopped water chestnuts
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese, divided
- 1 tablespoon chopped pimientos
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onion
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg, optional
- 1. In a bowl, whisk together egg and milk. Stir in the spinach, water chestnuts, 1/4 cup Swiss cheese, pimientos, green onion, salt and nutmeg if desired.
- 2. Transfer to a greased 1-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 25 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
3/4 cup: 150 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 118mg cholesterol, 478mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 5g fiber), 16g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1/2 reduced-fat milk
Reviews for Swiss Spinach Casserole
"This was not for us. It was quite bland. Sorry."