I'm a nurse who works 12-hour shifts, so I don't have much time to cook. This goes together quickly and can easily be shared with my husband.
Recommended: 44 Ways to Get More Leafy Greens in Your Life
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons 2% milk
- 4 cups chopped fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup chopped water chestnuts
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese, divided
- 1 tablespoon chopped pimientos
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onion
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg, optional
- In a bowl, whisk together egg and milk. Stir in the spinach, water chestnuts, 1/4 cup Swiss cheese, pimientos, green onion, salt and nutmeg if desired.
- Transfer to a greased 1-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 25 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Swiss Spinach Casserole in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook 2003, p251
Reviews for Swiss Spinach Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 18, 2010
"This was not for us. It was quite bland. Sorry."