Swiss Seafood Canapes Recipe
- 1 can (6 ounces) small shrimp, rinsed and drained
- 1 package (6 ounces) frozen crabmeat, thawed
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup French salad dressing or seafood cocktail sauce
- 2 green onions, chopped
- Dash salt
- 1 loaf (16 ounces) snack rye bread
- 1. In a large bowl, combine first nine ingredients. Place bread on ungreased baking sheets. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 1-2 minutes or until lightly browned. Turn slices; spread each with 1 rounded tablespoonful of seafood mixture. Broil 4-5 minutes longer or until heated through. Yield: 4 dozen.
1 canape equals 57 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 22 mg cholesterol, 143 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Swiss Seafood Canapes
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer