Swiss Scalloped Potatoes Recipe
If you're a fan of French onion soup, you'll love this layered potato casserole. My family really enjoys it with ham, turkey or pork roast.
- 5 medium potatoes (about 3 pounds), peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 jar (4 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1. In a greased shallow 3-qt. baking dish, layer a third of the potatoes, onion, pimientos, garlic and Swiss cheese; sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt and a dash of pepper. Repeat layers once. Top with remaining potatoes, onion, pimientos, garlic, salt and pepper. Pour broth over the top; dot with butter. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 1 hour.
- 2. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 30 minutes longer or until liquid is absorbed and cheese is melted. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 237 calories, 11 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 32 mg cholesterol, 537 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 11 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC