Swiss Potato Soup Recipe
- 5 bacon strips, diced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cups water
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1. In a large saucepan, cook bacon until crisp; remove to paper towels with a slotted spoon. Drain, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings.
- 2. Saute onion in drippings until tender. Add water, potatoes, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 12 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- 3. Combine flour and milk until smooth; gradually stir in potato mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Remove from the heat; stir in cheese until melted. Sprinkle with bacon. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup: 455 calories, 17g fat (9g saturated fat), 46mg cholesterol, 1218mg sodium, 57g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 4g fiber), 21g protein
Reviews for Swiss Potato Soup
"this is one of the best soups i have every had."