Swiss Potato Soup Recipe
This no-fuss spud recipe that bowls over my family. This recipe can be made in the microwave or slow cooker in the morning. —Krista Musser, Orrville, Ohio
- 5 bacon strips, diced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cups water
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1. In a large saucepan, cook bacon until crisp; remove to paper towels with a slotted spoon. Drain, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings.
- 2. Saute onion in drippings until tender. Add water, potatoes, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 12 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- 3. Combine flour and milk until smooth; gradually stir in potato mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Remove from the heat; stir in cheese until melted. Sprinkle with bacon. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup equals 455 calories, 17 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 46 mg cholesterol, 1,218 mg sodium, 57 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 21 g protein.
Reviews for Swiss Potato Soup
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC