Swiss Potato Puffs Recipe
Encourage guests to mingle by serving these cute little morsels. They’re transportable, mess-free and easy to eat in a few bites.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min. YIELD:40 servings
- 1-1/3 cups water
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup mashed potato flakes
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Gruyere or Swiss cheese
- 1. In a large saucepan, bring the water, butter and salt to a boil. Remove from the heat.
- 2. Combine the flour and potato flakes; slowly stir into pan. Cook and stir over medium heat until a smooth ball forms. Remove from the heat. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Continue beating until mixture is smooth and shiny. Stir in cheese.
- 3. Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 18-22 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: about 3 dozen.
1 potato puff equals 37 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 22 mg cholesterol, 53 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC