Swiss Potato Puffs
Encourage guests to mingle by serving these cute little morsels. They’re transportable, mess-free and easy to eat in a few bites.
40 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1-1/3 cups water
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 cup mashed potato flakes
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Gruyere or Swiss cheese
- In a large saucepan, bring the water, butter and salt to a boil.
- Remove from the heat.
- Combine the flour and potato flakes; slowly stir into pan. Cook and
- stir over medium heat until a smooth ball forms. Remove from the
- heat. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Continue beating until mixture is smooth and shiny. Stir in cheese.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake
- at 375° for 18-22 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: about 3
Nutritional Facts: 1 potato puff equals 37 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 22 mg cholesterol, 53 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.