Swiss Potato Pancake Recipe
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1 package (30 ounces) frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Gruyere or Swiss cheese
- Minced fresh parsley
- 1. In a large nonstick skillet, melt 1 tablespoon butter with 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Spread half of the potatoes in an even layer in skillet. Season with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Sprinkle with cheese, then top with remaining potatoes. Season with remaining salt and pepper. Press mixture gently into skillet. Cook for about 7 minutes or until bottom is browned.
- 2. Remove from the heat. Loosen pancake from sides of skillet. Invert pancake onto a plate. Return skillet to heat and heat remaining butter and oil. Slide potato pancake brown side up into skillet. Cook about 7 minutes longer or until bottom is browned and cheese is melted. Slide onto a plate. Sprinkle with parsley and cut into wedges. Yield: 6 servings.
TEST KITCHEN TIP A nonstick skillet is a must so the pancake comes out easily.
Reviews for Swiss Potato Pancake
"It was pretty good. It was alittle tricky to make sure everyone ate it up. I will make it again"