- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1 package (30 ounces) frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Gruyere or Swiss cheese
- Minced fresh parsley
- In a large nonstick skillet, melt 1 tablespoon butter with 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Spread half of the potatoes in an even layer in skillet. Season with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Sprinkle with cheese, then top with remaining potatoes. Season with remaining salt and pepper. Press mixture gently into skillet. Cook for about 7 minutes or until bottom is browned.
- Remove from the heat. Loosen pancake from sides of skillet. Invert pancake onto a plate. Return skillet to heat and heat remaining butter and oil. Slide potato pancake brown side up into skillet. Cook about 7 minutes longer or until bottom is browned and cheese is melted. Slide onto a plate. Sprinkle with parsley and cut into wedges. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Swiss Potato Pancake in Test Kitchen Favorites 2004 2005, p209
Reviews for Swiss Potato Pancake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 26, 2010
"It was pretty good. It was alittle tricky to make sure everyone ate it up. I will make it again"