Swiss Potato Gratin Recipe
Grated potatoes and creamy Swiss or Gruyere cheese make this side dish a satisfying alternative to mashed or baked potatoes. Connie Bryan of Linwood, Kansas submitted the recipe.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min. YIELD:2 servings
- 1-1/2 cups grated peeled potatoes
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- Dash ground nutmeg
- Pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup shredded Swiss or Gruyere cheese
- 1. In a saucepan, combine the potatoes, milk, cream, salt, garlic, nutmeg and pepper. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- 2. Pour into a 3-cup baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through and golden brown. Yield: 2 servings.
1 cup equals 290 calories, 17 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 60 mg cholesterol, 683 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 9 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC