Swiss Potato Gratin Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups grated peeled potatoes
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- Dash ground nutmeg
- Pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup shredded Swiss or Gruyere cheese
- 1. In a saucepan, combine the potatoes, milk, cream, salt, garlic, nutmeg and pepper. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- 2. Pour into a 3-cup baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through and golden brown. Yield: 2 servings.
1 cup equals 290 calories, 17 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 60 mg cholesterol, 683 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 9 g protein.
Reviews for Swiss Potato Gratin
"Wow - this was excellent! I love finding a gem of a recipe like this one. I made it exactly as the recipe stated, except I sprinkled the grated cheese on during the last 7 minutes so it didn't burn. It was creamy, not mushy, loads of flavour. Mmmmm... delicious! Next time I want to make 4x the recipe and serve it to company."