Grated potatoes and creamy Swiss or Gruyere cheese make this side dish a satisfying alternative to mashed or baked potatoes. Connie Bryan of Linwood, Kansas submitted the recipe.
- 1-1/2 cups grated peeled potatoes
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- Dash ground nutmeg
- Pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup shredded Swiss or Gruyere cheese
- In a saucepan, combine the potatoes, milk, cream, salt, garlic, nutmeg and pepper. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Pour into a 3-cup baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through and golden brown. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Swiss Potato Gratin in Cooking for 2 Spring 2006, p37
Reviews for Swiss Potato Gratin
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review