Swiss Potato Bake
If you're tired of the same old mashed potatoes, reach for this recipe featuring Swiss cheese and lots of crunchy almonds.
10 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 55 min.
- 5 large uncooked baking potatoes, peeled and shredded
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 3/4 cup chopped green onions
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, Swiss cheese, onions and
- garlic. In another bowl, combine the eggs, sour cream, butter, salt
- and pepper until smooth. Pour over potato mixture; toss to coat.
- Transfer to a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with
- almonds. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 55-65 minutes or until a
- thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 376 calories, 20 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 118 mg cholesterol, 366 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 12 g protein.