If you're tired of the same old mashed potatoes, reach for this recipe featuring Swiss cheese and lots of crunchy almonds.
- 5 large uncooked baking potatoes, peeled and shredded
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 3/4 cup chopped green onions
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, Swiss cheese, onions and garlic. In another bowl, combine the eggs, sour cream, butter, salt and pepper until smooth. Pour over potato mixture; toss to coat.
- Transfer to a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with almonds. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 55-65 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Swiss Potato Bake in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2004, p67
Reviews for Swiss Potato Bake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 23, 2014
"I found his to be very bland, however I really like spicy & flavorful dishes for Thanksgiving. If I ever make this again, might try it with a spicier cheese or maybe even some horseradish."