If you're tired of the same old mashed potatoes, reach for this recipe featuring Swiss cheese and lots of crunchy almonds.
- 5 large uncooked baking potatoes, peeled and shredded
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 3/4 cup chopped green onions
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, Swiss cheese, onions and garlic. In another bowl, combine the eggs, sour cream, butter, salt and pepper until smooth. Pour over potato mixture; toss to coat.
- Transfer to a greased 11x7-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with almonds. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 55-65 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Swiss Potato Bake in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2004, p67
Reviews for Swiss Potato Bake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 23, 2014
"I found his to be very bland, however I really like spicy & flavorful dishes for Thanksgiving. If I ever make this again, might try it with a spicier cheese or maybe even some horseradish."