Swiss Pot Roast Recipe
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (3 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 8 medium potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 8 medium carrots, cut into chunks
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup water
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a Dutch oven, brown roast on all sides in oil; drain. Add the potatoes, carrots and onion. In a large bowl, combine the flour, water, tomato sauce, bouillon, salt and pepper until smooth. Pour over the roast and vegetables.
- 2. Cover and bake at 325° for 2-1/2 to 3 hours or until the meat is tender. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 479 calories, 18 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 111 mg cholesterol, 472 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 38 g protein.
Reviews for Swiss Pot Roast
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.