Swiss Oven Omelet Recipe
Mellow onions and Swiss cheese make a mouthwatering combination in this favorite egg dish—Dorothy Smith, El Dorado, Arkansas
- 2 cups chopped red onion
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese, divided
- 1. In a 10-in. ovenproof skillet, cook and stir red onion and sugar in oil over medium heat for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Remove 1/4 cup; set aside.
- 2. To the skillet, stir in the green onions, mustard and thyme. Remove from the heat. In a bowl, beat the eggs, water, salt and pepper. Pour into skillet, sprinkle with 1/4 cup cheese.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 10-15 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Top with reserved onion mixture and remaining cheese. Cut into wedges. Yield: 6 servings.
1 piece: 192 calories, 12g fat (5g saturated fat), 229mg cholesterol, 154mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 1g fiber), 12g protein.
Reviews for Swiss Oven Omelet
Reviewed May. 9, 2012
"I added some chopped ham and chopped peppers"
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC