Swiss-Onion Potato Bake Recipe
- 1 cup finely chopped sweet onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 package (30 ounces) frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1 cup milk
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- In a small skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. In a large bowl, combine the hash browns, cheese, salt, pepper and onion mixture.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. In a small bowl, whisk eggs and milk; pour over potato mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting. Sprinkle with parsley if desired. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Swiss-Onion Potato Bake(6)
Sort By :
We like this just as written for a change of pace potato side dish. A great alternative to the Swiss cheese is a Sharp Cheddar.
Tates just like scalloped potatos.
A bit bland. I will try it again, but may try to zip it up a bit. Certainly easy to make!
I had high hopes for this dish, but it was the blandest least flavorful potato dish I have ever tried. It was very disappointing.
Very good, Very easy. I made it for Easter. This is one of those recipes that is good as it is and could be used as breakfast/brunch or dinner. I plan to use this dish as a base for other meals, such as changing the swiss cheese for cheddar and adding green chili's or change the cheese to pepperjack and serve with brats.
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Potatoes >
- Casserole Side Dish Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Christmas Side Dishes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Side Dishes >
- Comfort Food Vegetarian Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Side Dishes >
- Easter Recipes >
- Easter Side Dishes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Carb Side Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Side Dishes >
- Potato Casseroles >
- Potato Recipes >
- Potato Side Dishes >
- Potluck Recipes >