Swiss Onion Loaf Recipe
A packaged hot roll mix speeds along preparation of this delightful bread from Lois Schneider of Madison, Wisconsin. "Let it cool completely before slicing...if you can wait that long!" she suggests. "It's great with beef stew in the winter. Yum!"
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 25 min. + rising Bake: 25 min. YIELD:16 servings
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 1 package (16 ounces) hot roll mix
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1. In a large bowl, combine cheese and minced onion with the contents of the roll mix and yeast packets. Prepare mix according to package directions.
- 2. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Shape into a 5-in. ball and place on a greased baking sheet. Cover and let rise in a warm place for 30 minutes or until doubled.
- 3. Bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Brush with butter. Remove to a wire rack to cool. Yield: 1 loaf (16 servings).
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC