Swiss Onion Loaf Recipe
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 1 package (16 ounces) hot roll mix
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- In a large bowl, combine cheese and minced onion with the contents of the roll mix and yeast packets. Prepare mix according to package directions.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Shape into a 5-in. ball and place on a greased baking sheet. Cover and let rise in a warm place for 30 minutes or until doubled.
- Bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Brush with butter. Remove to a wire rack to cool. Yield: 1 loaf (16 servings).
Originally published as Swiss Onion Loaf in Quick Cooking January/February 2004, pback cover
Reviews for Swiss Onion Loaf
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Apr. 4, 2012
I really enjoyed the convenience of this recipe. And that it tasted good too was a plus. I love to breadmake, but when traveling in our RV I look for semi-home made. Oh, and lets not forget how good everything smells. Just like a bakery!