Joy McMillan of The Woodlands, Texas puts a special spin on these golden crescents by filling them with Swiss cheese, green onions and Dijon mustard. They're a snap to prepare because she uses refrigerated dough.
Recommended: 50 Secret Recipes for Classic Diner Foods
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 3 tablespoons shredded Swiss cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- Unroll crescent dough and separate into eight triangles. Combine 2 tablespoons cheese, green onion and mustard; spread about 1 teaspoon over each triangle.
- Roll up from the short side. Place point side down on an ungreased baking sheet and curve into a crescent shape. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake at 375° for 11-13 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 8 rolls.
Originally published as Swiss Onion Crescents in Quick Cooking September/October 2001, p8