Swiss-Onion Bread Ring
With the ease of prepared bread dough, this tempting cheesy bread has delicious down-home goodness. Its pleasant onion flavor goes great with any entree. You'll find it crisp and golden on the outside, rich and buttery on the inside.
-Judi Messina, Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
12 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 2-1/2 teaspoons poppy seeds, divided
- 2 tubes (11 ounces each) refrigerated French bread
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 3/4 cup sliced green onions
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- Sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon poppy seeds in a greased 10-in. fluted tube
- pan. Cut the dough into forty 1-in. pieces; place half in prepared
- pan. Sprinkle with half of the cheese and onions. Top with 1
- teaspoon poppy seeds; drizzle with half of the butter. Repeat
- Bake at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately
- invert onto a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 1 loaf.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 152 calories, 9 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 24 mg cholesterol, 246 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.