- 2-1/2 teaspoons poppy seeds, divided
- 2 tubes (11 ounces each) refrigerated French bread
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 3/4 cup sliced green onions
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- Sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon poppy seeds in a greased 10-in. fluted tube pan. Cut the dough into forty 1-in. pieces; place half in prepared pan. Sprinkle with half of the cheese and onions. Top with 1 teaspoon poppy seeds; drizzle with half of the butter. Repeat layers.
- Bake at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately invert onto a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 1 loaf.
Reviews for Swiss-Onion Bread Ring
"I've made this for years, and it is always a hit. I use the frozen Bridgeford bread (one loaf defroasted). Takes more time, but rises nicely. I let it rise twice - before and after the ingredients."
"this has become one of my extended family's most requested recipes...I'm asked to bring it to almost every get together...and it's super easy!"
"My family loves this bread. It goes well with everything. I have also made it using crescent roll dough instead biscuit dough."
"I love this bread. I have made it many times and goes well with soups and chilies. I modify it only by dipping the bread pieces into the melted butter."
"i love serving this bread at my partys, it goes with everything. when i cant find french bread tubes i buy the bread sticks (2 pcks) they work really well"