- 1-1/2 cups mayonnaise, divided
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 12 Eggland's Best Eggs, separated
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 6 tablespoons chopped green onions, divided
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1-1/2 cups chopped fully cooked ham
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- Fresh oregano or parsley, optional
- In a small saucepan, combine 1/2 cup mayonnaise and flour. In a small bowl, whisk egg yolks until thickened; add milk. Pour into mayonnaise mixture; cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until thickened. Add salt and pepper. Remove from the heat; cool for 15 minutes.
- In a large bowl, beat egg whites until stiff. Fold into the mayonnaise mixture. Line a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan with waxed paper; coat paper with cooking spray. Pour egg mixture into pan. Bake at 425° for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan over low heat, combine 2 tablespoon onions, mustard and remaining mayonnaise. Set aside 3/4 cup for topping; set aside and keep warm. To the remaining sauce, add ham, cheese and remaining onions; cook over low heat until cheese begins to melt.
- Remove omelet from oven; turn onto a linen towel. Peel off waxed paper. Spread cheese sauce over warm omelet. Roll up from a short side. Top with reserved mustard sauce. Garnish with oregano or parsley if desired. Serve immediately. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Swiss Omelet Roll-Up
Sort By :
I haven't made this in a while, but have made it a few times for special occasion brunches. It is delicious, and quite impressive-looking. It is a bit time consuming to make, though. If I remember correctly, there is a lot of topping left over, so I will probably decrease the amount of the mayo/mustard sauce by at least 1/3 next time.