Swiss Mushroom Pie Recipe
- 1 package (15 ounces) refrigerated pie pastry
- 1 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 teaspoon chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 pound Swiss cheese, sliced
- 1. Line a 9-in. pie plate with bottom pastry; trim even with edge. In a skillet, saute the mushrooms and onion in butter; drain. Arrange half of the cheese slices in the crust. Top with half of the mushroom mixture; repeat layers.
- 2. Place remaining pastry over filling; trim, seal and flute edges. Cut slits in the top. Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand for 10 minutes. Cut into wedges. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 piece: 476 calories, 31g fat (17g saturated fat), 66mg cholesterol, 361mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 20g protein
Reviews for Swiss Mushroom Pie
"I havee had this recipe for 15 years or more."
"I have had this recipe for years and years. It is delicious. A friend gave me the recipe."