Swiss Mushroom Pie Recipe
- 1 package (15 ounces) refrigerated pie pastry
- 1 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 teaspoon chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 pound Swiss cheese, sliced
- 1. Line a 9-in. pie plate with bottom pastry; trim even with edge. In a skillet, saute the mushrooms and onion in butter; drain. Arrange half of the cheese slices in the crust. Top with half of the mushroom mixture; repeat layers.
- 2. Place remaining pastry over filling; trim, seal and flute edges. Cut slits in the top. Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand for 10 minutes. Cut into wedges. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 476 calories, 31 g fat (17 g saturated fat), 66 mg cholesterol, 361 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 20 g protein.
Reviews for Swiss Mushroom Pie
"I havee had this recipe for 15 years or more."
"I have had this recipe for years and years. It is delicious. A friend gave me the recipe."