Swiss Mushroom Pie
"I needed a before-dinner snack, so I conjured this up with ingredients that I had at home," remarks Rita Weaver of Lakewood, Washington. "It was enjoyed by all." Rich wedges also would make a nice brunch dish or light lunch alongside a salad.
6-8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 45 min. + cooling
- 1 package (15 ounces) refrigerated pie pastry
- 1 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 teaspoon chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 pound Swiss cheese, sliced
- Line a 9-in. pie plate with bottom pastry; trim even with edge. In a
- skillet, saute the mushrooms and onion in butter; drain. Arrange
- half of the cheese slices in the crust. Top with half of the
- mushroom mixture; repeat layers.
- Place remaining pastry over filling; trim, seal and flute edges. Cut
- slits in the top. Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until golden
- brown. Let stand for 10 minutes. Cut into wedges. Yield: 6-8
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 476 calories, 31 g fat (17 g saturated fat), 66 mg cholesterol, 361 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 20 g protein.