Swiss Mushroom Orzo Recipe
Holly Bonds of Smyrna, Georgia turns to this go-with-everything dish as a substitute for rice or potatoes. TIP: “It's also wonderful with roasted red peppers or steamed broccoli thrown in,” Holly suggests.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:3 servings
- 1 cup uncooked orzo pasta
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 4 tablespoons cold butter, divided
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1. Cook orzo according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a food processor, combine the cheese, 3 tablespoons butter, garlic, salt and pepper; cover and process until smooth. In a large saucepan, saute the mushrooms in remaining butter until tender. Drain orzo and add to mushrooms. Stir in cheese mixture until melted. Yield: 3 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 520 calories, 26 g fat (16 g saturated fat), 74 mg cholesterol, 450 mg sodium, 52 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 19 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC