- 1 unsliced loaf (1 pound) Italian bread
- 1 block (8 ounces) Swiss cheese, cut into cubes
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1-1/2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- Cut bread diagonally into 1-in. slices to within 1 in. of bottom. Repeat cuts in opposite direction. Place cheese cubes and mushrooms in each slit.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; cover and microwave on high for 30-60 seconds or until butter is melted; stir until blended. Spoon over bread.
- Wrap loaf in foil. Bake at 350° for 40 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Reviews for Swiss Mushroom Loaf
Sort By :
"My adult children LOVED this. I don't think they will ever serve plain Italian loaf again. The kids don't like swiss cheese so I substituted PepperJack and it was very yummy too."
"I took this loaf to a party when asked to bring garlic bread. One of the guests remarked that it was the best item at the party. Delicious! I have made it several times."