Swiss Mushroom Chicken Recipe
This entree is easy to prepare but looks and tastes special enough for company and special-occasion suppers. Everyone enjoys the golden chicken breasts topped with ham, melted Swiss cheese and fresh mushrooms.—Jan Baxter, Humarock, Massachusetts
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 egg
- 1 cup crushed butter-flavored crackers (about 25 crackers)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 4 slices deli ham or thinly sliced hard salami
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- 1. Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. In a shallow bowl, lightly beat the egg. Combine cracker crumbs and salt in another shallow bowl. Dip chicken in egg, then roll in crumbs; set aside.
- 2. In a large ovenproof skillet, saute mushrooms in 1 tablespoon butter until tender; remove and set aside. In the same skillet, cook chicken over medium heat in remaining butter for 3-4 minutes on each side or until no longer pink.
- 3. Top each chicken breast half with a ham slice, mushrooms and a cheese slice. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 343 calories, 21 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 119 mg cholesterol, 956 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 20 g protein.
Reviews for Swiss Mushroom Chicken
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC