Swiss Meringue Shells Recipe
- 3 egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- Berries of your choice
- Whipped cream or vanilla ice cream, optional
- Place egg whites in a small bowl; let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Add vanilla and cream of tartar; beat on medium speed until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, on high until stiff glossy peaks form and sugar is dissolved.
- Drop eight mounds onto parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Shape into 3-in. cups with the back of a spoon. Bake at 225° for 1 to 1-1/2 hours or until set and dry. Turn oven off; leave meringues in oven for 1 hour.
- Cool on wire racks. Store in an airtight container. Fill shells with berries; garnish with whipped cream or ice cream if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Swiss Meringue Shells
Sort By :
"Made these yesterday and they are so yummy. A perfect light dessert for springtime! I haven't served them yet but am going to put whipped cream and raspberries in them. By the way I doubled the recipe, and it made 24 rounds."
"These are wonderful!!! I've made them a few times now, used less sugar (and also tried folded in toasted, finely chopped nuts) added some almond extract and filled them with caramelized pears and whipped cream drizzled with dark chocolate.... delish! also made it as a whole pie shell and filled with homemade chocolate ice cream, served with whipped cream and caramel sauce, also fantastic. This method ensures they will be perfectly puffed and crispy all the way through."