Swiss Macaroni Recipe
At her home in Marathon Shores, Florida, Carolyn Steele brings smiles to the faces of friends with her comforting combination of macaroni, onion and Swiss cheese. "I enjoy sharing this casserole with neighbors," she says.
- 1 package (7 ounces) elbow macaroni
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1. Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain and place in a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Stir in the pimientos. In a large bowl, combine the eggs, cream, onion, parsley, salt and pepper.
- 2. Pour over macaroni mixture. Sprinkle with bread crumbs and cheese; drizzle with butter. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 269 calories, 14 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 96 mg cholesterol, 600 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 10 g protein.
Reviews for Swiss Macaroni
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC