Swiss Macaroni and Cheese Recipe
- 3/4 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Cook macaroni according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in flour until smooth; gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- 2. Add the cheese, salt and pepper. Drain macaroni. Add to cheese mixture; toss gently to coat. Yield: 2 servings.
1 cup equals 464 calories, 27 g fat (17 g saturated fat), 82 mg cholesterol, 569 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 24 g protein.
Reviews for Swiss Macaroni and Cheese
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.