At her home in Marathon Shores, Florida, Carolyn Steele brings smiles to the faces of friends with her comforting combination of macaroni, onion and Swiss cheese. "I enjoy sharing this casserole with neighbors," she says.
- 1 package (7 ounces) elbow macaroni
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain and place in a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Stir in the pimientos. In a large bowl, combine the eggs, cream, onion, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Pour over macaroni mixture. Sprinkle with bread crumbs and cheese; drizzle with butter. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Swiss Macaroni in Quick Cooking September/October 2002, p22
Reviews for Swiss Macaroni
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Apr. 4, 2009
"Hi!Can I use milk instead of half and half?Susan"